Water damage in your home can result from a variety of causes that range from an ice dam buildup at the roofline to an overflowing sump pump in your basement – and anything in between. Water entry of any type and the resulting damage it causes should be cared for right away, as water seeps into walls, flooring, ceilings, and more, and eventually causes damage to the structure of your home. Even worse, hidden dampness can lead to an infestation from mold which can have a serious impact on your health and that of your family and pets.
For best results, hire a certified water restoration professional – one with the expertise and experience to do a proper and thorough job. Prompt water removal and property restoration by trained water damage experts help minimize the damage and the costs involved, as the pros have the equipment and expertise to handle every step safely and efficiently.
American Fire & Water Restoration is the full-service water and fire damage restoration company you need. We serve Lake, McHenry, and north Cook Counties in Illinois, and southern Kenosha County in Wisconsin, and have more than 25 years of experience to back us up. And, because disaster can strike at any time, we are available to take your emergency call 24/7, 365 days a year. Our workmanship is top quality and customer service top notch.
Types of residential water damage we handle include:
- Basement flooding – Heavy rains with nowhere to go follow the path of least resistance – and that path can lead directly into your basement. A basement flooded with stormwater from outside is especially dangerous because it brings with it all types of toxins and biohazards.
- Burst frozen pipe – Frigid winter temperatures can cause the water inside poorly insulated pipes to freeze and block water from flowing down the line. Water pressure builds and eventually forces the pipe to burst, which creates two new problems: a wet mess to clean up and a broken pipe to fix.
- Faulty appliances – Over time, hot water heaters, clothes washers, and dishwashers break down. When that happens, water escapes and can leak and flood an entire area that includes cabinets, ceilings, and flooring – not to mention nearby furnishings and belongings.
- Leaky pipes – Old or improperly installed pipes in the basement, kitchen, or bathroom can leak over time and result in slow water drips that seep into cabinets, flooring, and ceilings. You may not even know you have a leak until water stains appear or structural damage occurs, and by then, the damage has been done.
- High winds and storms – When winds and storms cause a power outage, your basement sump pump stops working. Eventually, water overflows from the sump pump pit onto the surrounding area and damages everything in its path.
- Sewer line backup – A sewer line backup presents serious health and sanitation concerns that should be handled only by professionals with the proper training and equipment.
- Water from extinguishing a fire–In the course of putting out a fire, firefighters and home sprinkler systems leave a watery mess everywhere that combines with residue from ash and fire retardants.
Water damage can have a serious impact on your home and family life. Our water damage technicians understand that. We treat you and your property with respect and apply our training and expertise to handle any type of residential water problem. We arrive promptly in company trucks and put our water damage cleaning and restoration process to immediate work.
During our initial assessment, we:
- Take all necessary safety precautions, such as shutting down electricity
- Locate the source of the leak or water entry and do what is needed to prevent additional flooding
- Examine the area damaged by water and classify the damage appropriately
- Categorize the floodwater based on contaminants and biohazards that may be present
- Develop an appropriate course of action based on our findings
To support the insurance claims process, we:
- Photograph the water-damaged area, including structural components, furnishings, etc.
- Use Xactimate® to develop a fair and reasonable quote for service
- Document all the damage and detail our cleanup and restoration process
To remove water and dry the area, we:
- Use professional-grade water extractors and submersible pumps to extract every drop of water from your home to our truck
- Remove the water completely from your property
- Dry the affected area efficiently with specialized drying equipment that includes heavy-duty air movers, fans, drying panels, and more
- Use specialized equipment such as infrared cameras and hygrometers to detect remaining moisture and look for dampness behind walls, under subfloors, in attics, and anywhere else mold might occur
To clean and restore your home to its pre-water-damage condition, we:
- Remove and dispose of debris, structural items, and anything else that cannot be salvaged
- Remove contents for cleaning and storage if necessary, and decontaminate and sanitize the entire affected area
- Clean the HVAC system to reduce airborne contaminants
- Conduct a follow-up visit to check for residual moisture, and retreat as necessary
With American Fire & Water Restoration, our expertise at removing water, cleaning your property, and fixing the damage come standard. We offer a host of other benefits as well.
- Our technicians are IICRC-trained and certified. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industry
- We estimate insurance claims with Xactimate® and support you through the entire process, including billing the insurance company directly
- We use only professional-grade, state-of-the-art equipment
- With our property restoration guarantee, your property will be restored to the same or better condition than it was before the water damage occurred
- Our one-year warranty on services means we stand by the repair and renovation work we perform
- We are licensed, bonded, and insured
- 24/7/365 availability and a typical response time of 90 minutes or less
Water damage in your home can occur over time or without warning. Don’t attempt to clean and fix the problem yourself. Apparently, minor damage can be much more pervasive than it first appears. American Fire & Water Restoration knows just what to look for and has the expertise to repair any type of water damage that has occurred in your home. We work hard to restore your peace of mind and help get your life back to normal. Don’t delay. Call us today or click here to get a free consultation and quote.